A short blog looking at the best ways to prevent a blocked drain.
In this short blog, Ansa will provide tips to help you prevent a blocked drain. By following these simple steps, it will save you time, money and a lot of stress.
- Do not pour grease or oil down the sink, instead pour into empty containers and dispose of in the bin. Grease can create very bad blockages as it sticks to the inside of your pipes.
- Use a drain screen to prevent hair and soap blocking the drain.
- Occasionally pour boiling hot water down the drain to keep drains clean and running clearly.
- Do not flush anything other than human waste and toilet paper, foreign objects such as baby wipes and sanitary towels can cause serious blockages.
- Avoid letting food scraps go down the drain. This prevents bad smells and future blockages.
We hope these simple tips will help you in the future to prevent blocked drains. If however you do unfortunately get a blockage, please call us on 0844 273 2960 or fill in our contact form.